You are welcome to bring any Calligraphy materials you already have, but there is no need to buy anything immediately as you can buy some materials at the class and also share with others.
Any of the following would be useful though:
- Paper – several sheets or a pad, of good quality writing paper, that won’t absorb ink or paint. Some printer paper works well, some art pads ie. from Lidls work well, or any art paper, no need for expensive papers
- Pens – ‘dip’ pens with removable wide nibs (bring nibs if you have them).
- A fountain pen with a wide nib. (for thick lines/writing).
- Paint brush with a square shaped top (chisel-edged – max 1cm wide)
- Ink – fountain pen ink works well, like Quink. Ink cartridges if you have a fountain pen.
- Calligraphy ink
- Gouache or watercolour paint in a tube
- Lead pencil
- Small pot for water (to clean your nibs/brush)
- You may also like to bring some quotes /sayings of your favourite words
We look forward to seeing you soon.